Volvo

Volvo

Friday 4 November 2016

The Spy Who Loved Himself

Some time last year I got an interesting message via the P1800 group on Facebook.  A film maker was looking for a white P1800 to star in an arts-council feature-length movie he was making.  A spoof spy drama called "The Spy Who Loved Himself".  

I could hardly say no - and a few months later I found myself on the roof of a multi-storey car park in Leicester on a wet Thursday evening.  Nobody said this would be Hollywood!  

The first scenes we shot involved dialogue between a couple of actors playing well-known TV personalities, as they leave a TV studio.  One gets into the P1800, and then the camera stops, we swap jackets, and I drive the car out of the car park and down the ramp, where the action resumes on the street level as I drive out and into the night.  

We then did another scene outside an old concrete factory, which I'm told will double as "The Berlin Wall" in the final cut!  That involved me (again, dressed as the actor) driving at some speed over a hump-back bridge.  

We finished off with a few driving shots, some from inside the car and some from a camera car overtaking us.  

I've no idea how this is going to turn out, but I'm looking forward to receiving my invitation to the premiere!  













No comments:

Post a Comment